Well now that I’ve gotten my marg spiel out of the way, back to the main point. My weekends are not just filled with happy hours, but also with creative, freshly homemade pastries. I love to bake. I may take my proclivity with baking too far at some times.
I am madly in love with the idea of mixing peanut butter with chocolate in any way, shape or form. My favorite recipe is one that results in soft and chewy oversized peanut butter cookies with blackberry jam. I did not invent this recipe, simply perfected it to my personal satisfaction.
- 1 C flour1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 3/4 C peanut butter
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 C blackberry jam
- 1/4 C sugar for rolling (not used for mixing)
- In a medium bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Put the 1/4 C sugar in a bowl. Scoop dough out with an ice cream spoon; roll it in the sugar and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Take the end of a thin wooden spoon and create a hole in the middle of each dough ball and spoon in 1 teaspoon of jam in each hole.
*Bake for 11 minutes at 375° F.
Besides my grandpa,Giada de Laurentiis and theFood Network are my go-to culinary inspiration. So, now you all know why I’m never in the loop regarding the latest Walking Dead episode or any other “hip” shows on TV—I’m too consumed with researching the latest gluten-free or vegan recipes to accommodate any potential guests I may be hosting.